August Schell Brewing Company is a family brewery located in New Ulm, Minnesota. We started in 1860 when August Schell, a German immigrant, couldn’t find traditional German beer in his new home. So he did his. Although the brewery has gone through some changes, such as the plumbing, August’s legacy as an innovative master brewer remains. It has continued through six generations and over 100 varieties of German craft beer.
August Schell Brewing Company has an immediate opening for an experienced wine merchant/brewer to join our team. Come join the original Minnesota craft brewery located in the heart of southern Minnesota. This is a full time position with full benefits. We are looking for a talented person who wants to build a long term career with us, get involved and help us keep brewing great beers!
- Operate fermentation, cellar, filtration, brewing and sanitation systems according to good manufacturing practices.
- Maintain established quality parameters in raw material handling, brewing and cellar operations.
- Record and verify all required data, within the brewery.
- Submit daily logs for operations control and enter data into Orchestrated Beer software.
- Assist in the maintenance and requirement of stocks of raw materials and process materials.
- Provide the samples required for laboratory analysis.
- Monitor mechanical and operational integrity of brewing equipment.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance for all aspects of production including fermentation, cellaring, filtration and brewing.
- Conduct active and effective communication
- Work variable shifts as scheduled.
- Work with prescribed cleaning chemicals, based on established protocol, OSHA and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain sanitary standards for the microbial integrity of products.
- Maintain the operational and aesthetic condition of the facility.
- Perform other responsibilities, as assigned.
- 2-year technical college diploma preferred. Formal education in brewing strongly preferred
- Must be able to work in a variable environment including hot and cold temperatures, standing, walking and climbing stairs continuously for up to 12 hours per day.
- Demonstrated mechanical skill.
- Ability to follow and understand SOPs, multitasking and attention to detail are a must.
- Able to lift 55 lbs and occasionally move 165 lbs
- Able to stand for 8-10 hours per day
- Proficient with MS Office
- Excellent time management
- Able to drive a forklift