Berlusconi case separated in Ruby trial for health reasons – English

(ANSA) – MILAN, MAY 25 – A Milan judge ruled on Tuesday that the case of Silvio Berlusconi in the alleged Ruby Ter trial should be separated from those of the other defendants because the former prime minister was “gravely ill”.

Judge Anna Maria Pazienza told the court that “we have received a request for separation for legitimate impediment in which it is stated that Berlusconi’s health situation is seriously compromised, with a general worsening of the situation”.

The 84-year-old media billionaire has been hospitalized and released from hospital in recent months after suffering a severe case of COVID-19 last year.

Berlusconi is accused of bribing witnesses to lie about his alleged “bunga bunga” sex parties at his home.

He is one of 29 defendants, including several young women whom he allegedly bribed to say that the parties were innocent.

Berlusconi is on the mend after being prescribed ‘absolute rest’ after suffering severe symptoms of ‘long COVID’, No.2 of his center-right party Forza Italia (FI) said on Monday , former President of the European Parliament Antonio Tajani. .

Berlusconi, 84, who had a heart valve replaced in 2016, said his experience with COVID last September was “the worst and scariest of my life.”

The three-time former prime minister and media mogul caught the virus in Sardinia from his billionaire friend and fellow businessman, former Benetton and Renault F1 boss Flavio Briatore.

The owner of the Mediaset empire spent a week in hospital earlier this month with a fever from a COVID vaccination and the lingering effects of his virus episode, and was reported to be still critically ill even afterward. having left the Milan clinic.

Milan prosecutors last Wednesday called for Berlusconi’s Ruby Ter to be separated due to her serious illness.

“We believe that Berlusconi is seriously ill and suffering from a serious pathology,” said prosecutor Tiziana Siciliano.

“The medical certificates and the consultants say so.”

Berlusconi’s defense team backed the demand, saying the former prime minister needed a period of “absolute rest” with the creation of a “domestic hospital” structure at his home in Arcore, near Milan .

On Monday, Tajani said his boss “is doing better, he is recovering, and we are keeping him informed of everything. He is the leader of the IF, I am not replacing him. I hope this moment of absolute rest will end as soon as possible “.

(ANSA).

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA




Source link

About Robert Davis

Check Also

Berlusconi’s trial will not be suspended despite his fragile health

Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi addresses the media as he leaves San Raffaele Hospital …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *