Berlusconi refuses psychiatric assessment, trial resumes – English

(ANSA) – ROME, SEP 17 – A trial in which ex-Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is one of the defendants is set to resume after the media billionaire refused to undergo a psychiatric assessment, saying it “would attack on my honor ”.

As a result, the 84-year-old has said the so-called Ruby ter trial is expected to proceed without his presence at the hearings.

A Milan court ruled last week that a team of independent doctors should assess various aspects of Berlusconi’s condition after lawyers for the Forza Italia (FI) leader presented the latest in a series of postponement requests of the trial for health reasons.

The 84-year-old media billionaire has been back and forth to hospital in recent months after suffering a severe case of COVID-19 last year.

Berlusconi is accused of bribing witnesses to lie about his alleged “bunga bunga” sex parties at his home.

He is one of 29 defendants, including several young women whom he allegedly bribed to say that the parties were innocent cases.

(ANSA).

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA



Source link

About Robert Davis

Check Also

Tax evasion rap has nothing to do with bank ownership, Berlusconi says

By Matt Thompson (September 17, 2021, 11:20 a.m. EDT) – A tax evasion conviction shouldn’t …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *