Berlusconi’s Ruby case not split despite poor health

(ANSA) – MILAN, MAY 26 – A Milan judge ruled on Wednesday that the case of Silvio Berlusconi in the so-called Ruby Ter trial should not be separated from that of the other defendants because the ex-prime minister is gravely ill despite the two please. the prosecution and the defense.

All the defendants will go forward together, the judge ruled, with the next hearing taking place on September 8.

The 84-year-old media billionaire has been hospitalized and released from hospital in recent months after suffering a severe case of COVID-19 last year.

Berlusconi is accused of bribing witnesses to lie about his alleged “bunga bunga” sex parties at his home. He is one of 29 defendants, including several young women he allegedly bribed to say the parties were innocent cases.

The triple prime minister’s defense launched a plea earlier on Wednesday saying his health conditions continued to be “serious” and that he faced a “no-brief prognosis” due to the long duration of COVID.

The prosecution also said the media mogul had “multiple pathologies”, was in a “chronic” condition and suffered from psychiatric and neurological symptoms that deserved the court’s “attention”.

Berlusconi is on the mend, however, after being prescribed “absolute rest” after suffering severe symptoms of “long COVID”, said No.2 of his center-right party Forza Italia (FI), the former President of the European Parliament Antonio Tajani. earlier this week.

Berlusconi, 84, who had a heart valve replaced in 2016, said his experience with COVID last September was “the worst and scariest of my life.”

The three-time former prime minister and media mogul caught the virus in Sardinia from his billionaire friend and fellow businessman, former Benetton and Renault F1 boss Flavio Briatore.

The owner of the Mediaset empire spent a week in hospital earlier this month with a fever from a COVID vaccination and the lingering effects of his virus episode, and was reported to be still critically ill even afterward. having left the Milan clinic.

On Monday, Tajani said his boss “is doing better, he is recovering, and we are keeping him informed of everything. He is the leader of the IF, I am not replacing him. I hope this moment of absolute rest will end as soon as possible “.

(ANSA).

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA




Source link

About Robert Davis

Check Also

Berlusconi’s trial will not be suspended despite his fragile health

Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi addresses the media as he leaves San Raffaele Hospital …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *