SANDY, Utah, June 3, 2022 (Gephardt Daily/Bill’s Marketplace) — LeaAnne and Ken Chapman, owners of Connect building serviceslong considered by its customers as the best, the most honest, the most reliable electric, plumbing, heater and air conditioner Sandy and Wasatch Front businesses find great satisfaction in a job well done.
For this bar to be reached, two or three things must happen: first, clients must be completely satisfied with the work, from start to finish. Achieving this benchmark is the company’s top priority and the foundation of its success. Second, Connect Building Services employees need to share satisfaction and know how critical their contributions are to the overall success of the company.
“We are in the business for our customers and for our employees,” LeaAnne said of the Sandy-based company, “and as owners we want it to be a win-win situation for all three.
“Customers win because Connect Building Services provides superior service. CBS also offers its customers a mini-training on the nature of the repairs, so that they can make an informed choice on the solutions offered. Customers also win when they can take advantage of the upbeat attitude of Connect’s employees, bright people who offer serious help while keeping a light-hearted vibe.
“Like a crew, we try to keep a sense of humor,” LeaAnne said. “You have to be able to laugh a little, keep it light and do it.”
Connect Building Services’ approximately 18 employees receive technical and job skills training weekly, and the Chapmans have seen many of their employees gain focus and confidence to improve all areas of their lives, LeaAnne said.
That’s why they support the work of their employees with some of the most warranties and extended warranties in business.
“We are a team and a family,” LeaAnne said of their employees. “We work towards a common goal, elevate each member of the team, celebrate success, overcome failure and look for reasons to congratulate each other, not criticize each other.”
“And we take care of each other,” Ken added.
“And have fun,” added LeaAnne.
And for the Chapmans, married for nearly 32 years and parents of five adult children, the reward is a growing business and a reputation for excellence in the community.
The dream began in 1996, when the young couple with two young children moved from Tucson, where Ken had worked at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.
“We moved here with one job, a contractor who said, ‘Hey, you want to do my electrical?'” LeaAnne said.
The couple had wanted to move to Utah to be closer to family, and an aunt and uncle going on a mission offered them a rental deal.
“So we lived there and started doing business, and then we did the only work, and other jobs kept coming,” Ken said. “A guy from our neighborhood came up to us and said, ‘Hey, I build houses, so once you get your license and your insurance, call me. So I did, then we took off and took over the account, made all their homes.
This work lasted 12 years, until 2008 and the recession which closed many businesses, including that of their employer. It was then that the Chapmans decided to expand their services to include plumbing and HVAC, and moved from Current Electrical Systems to Connect Business Services.
“We rebranded because we were doing all four trades,” LeaAnne said of the 2008 expansion and name change. “We diversified and we survived. We wanted to have more than one leg, like a table or a stool. It doesn’t work with one leg.
“It’s hard to balance with one leg,” added Ken with a laugh.
Growth continued with a contract to manage refrigeration, heating, electrical and plumbing maintenance at 40 Panda Express sites, LeaAnne said, adding that it was an ongoing contract. courses for Connect Building Services.
More recently, residential service jobs have matched or surpassed commercial contracts as Connect’s primary focus.
Customers leave radiant 5 Star Reviews:
● “This team does the job and does it well,” wrote John Millard. “And when problems arise with suppliers, they don’t try to pass the buck. They stay on top until the job is done right!
● “Communication was excellent,” wrote Gail Rugg. “Schawn was friendly and professional. He answered all my questions and addressed all my concerns without making me feel stupid. He was very respectful. I didn’t feel like he was cheating me with the quote price, he didn’t give me a long list of extras that I don’t need just to fatten his wallet. I think the estimate is fair and I hope to start my project soon!
● “We recently brought in Connect to check out some electrical issues,” wrote Gordon Richards. “They were very professional and thorough and discovered faulty wiring in an electrical outlet which had caused it to overheat which would have led to an electrical fire. Their thoroughness saved us from a much bigger problem. We really enjoyed working with Connect.
● “I would and will recommend Connect to everyone,” wrote JR Reale. “They were prompt, polite and went above and beyond during my complete home overhaul. I received offers from several “big plumbing companies“. They sent sales people not a plumber. Shawn was knowledgeable and I felt confident after his offer. Jose and Ethan were polite and answered all my questions. I haven’t finished my renovation, I guarantee I will call them again for my new shower.”
● “I have used this company many times and every time these guys are on time and do a great job at a fair price,” wrote Chism Yeaman. “Their technicians are always polite, professional and are top notch people. They always do the job right and really make sure you are happy with the service.
How to connect with Connect Heating, Air, Plumbing, Electrical and Refrigeration
To schedule a service call with Connect Heating, Air, Plumbing, Electrical and Refrigeration, call 801-649-3880 or Click here.