Kevin Spacey pictured with a big smile in Italy where he is making a comeback movie

Kevin Spacey is directing his first film since allegations of sexual misconduct derailed his career in 2017.

The 61-year-old actor was pictured in Turin, Italy on Tuesday, where L’uomo Che Disegnò Dio (or The man who drew God) is filming. The Italian film, directed by and played by Franco Nero, includes a small role for Spacey as a police detective.

Kevin Spacey sits in a cafe in Piazza San Carlo in Turin, Italy, as he tours the city when he is scheduled to return for an appearance in a low-budget Italian film. (Photo: REUTERS / Massimo Pinca)

the House of Cards, American Beauty and The usual suspects The star was pictured with her manager, Evan Lowenstein. They visited the local Mole Antonelliana monument and had dinner al fresco.

Two-time Oscar winner Spacey grinned at the photographers who interrupted his meal. Otherwise, he was pictured with a face covering in the midst of the pandemic.

Franco had no qualms about bringing Spacey on board, telling ABC News last month: “I’m very happy Kevin has agreed to be a part of my film. I consider him a great actor and can’t wait to get started. the film, “which would have told the story” of a blind artist who has the extraordinary gift of making lifelike portraits just by listening to human voices. “

Actor Kevin Spacey walks down Carlo Alberto Street as he tours the city, where he is expected to return for an appearance in a low-budget Italian film, having largely disappeared from public view, in Turin, Italy, on June 1, 2021. REUTERS / Massimo Pinca

Kevin Spacey with his manager Evan Lowenstein (left) walking down Carlo Alberto Street. (Photo: REUTERS / Massimo Pinca)

Spacey’s role is English speaking while the rest of the film is in Italian. It is currently filming and should be released next year.

The film’s producer, Louis Nero, told CNN, “I chose him because he’s a great actor.” When asked about the allegations, Louis, who is unrelated to Franco, said he believed they were “false”.

However, Franco’s wife Oscar winner Vanessa Redgrave will not appear in the film despite initial reports that she will.

“Vanessa Redgrave’s name is included in recent stories regarding the casting of the next film The man who drew God, ” its representative said in a statement to Yahoo Entertainment. “Although there have been discussions about the possibility of her joining the cast, she will not appear in the film.”

In 2017, in the midst of the #MeToo movement, Star Trek Actor Anthony Rapp, 49, accused Spacey of making inappropriate sexual advances to him when he was 14.

Spacey said he did not recall the alleged incident and apologized for “what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior.” He took the opportunity to speak out publicly, saying, “I now choose to live as a gay man.” However, he has been widely criticized for turning away from the allegations.

Actor Kevin Spacey leaves the Mole Antonelliana building as he tours the city, where he is expected to return for an appearance in a low-budget Italian film, having largely disappeared from public view, in Turin, Italy, on the 1st June 2021. REUTERS / Massimo Pinca

Kevin Spacey leaves the Mole Antonelliana building. (Photo: REUTERS / Massimo Pinca)

More than 20 men came forward making abuse allegations against Spacey, including five who said they were teenagers at the time. They included Richard Dreyfuss’ son Harry Dreyfuss, actor Tony Montana, actor Roberto Cavazos and the teenage son of Boston presenter Heather Unruh. Several people from Card castle made allegations of misconduct, which led to him being fired from his lead role on the show. The Old Vic Theater in London said it received 20 allegations of inappropriate behavior from Spacey when he was artistic director.

Spacey accuser Mark Ebenhoch – a military advisor for the years 1995 Epidemic who claimed Spacey’s assistant tried to get him to “have sex” with the actor – said it was “absurd” that Spacey was back in the theaters.

Actor Kevin Spacey walks down Carlo Alberto Street as he tours the city, where he is expected to return for an appearance in a low-budget Italian film, having largely disappeared from public view, in Turin, Italy, on June 1, 2021. REUTERS / Massimo Pinca

Kevin Spacey walks down Carlo Alberto Street in Turin, Italy on June 1, 2021 (Photo: REUTERS / Massimo Pinca)

Spacey, who has maintained his innocence, was charged with indecent assault on Nantucket Island, Massachusetts, in an incident involving Unruh’s son in 2016. He pleaded not guilty and the charge was subsequently dropped due to “the unavailability of the complainant witness”. He also faced a civil lawsuit related to this case, but this was dismissed.

Los Angeles officials also reviewed two sexual assault complaints against Spacey, but ultimately determined that one case fell outside their statute of limitations. The other was fired when the alleged victim died.

Rapp and another man filed a civil action against Spacey, but last month a federal judge ruled that the second man – referred to only as CD in court documents – must identify himself to initiate the lawsuit.

Court appearances aside, Spacey has largely been missing since the scandal, with the exception of his annual Christmas videos.

Learn more about Yahoo Entertainment:


Source link

About Robert Davis

Check Also

United Arab Emirates deny right to fly over Italian plane – Journal

ROME: An Italian military plane bound for Afghanistan was denied permission to use UAE airspace …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *