Maintenance Supervisor, Victory Brewing Company | Downtown, Pennsylvania
WHO WE ARE
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft alcohol company in the United States, comprised of 5 long-standing successful craft brands. Currently, we are made up of four breweries (Victory Brewing, Bold Rock, Sixpoint, Southern Tier Brewing) and one distillery (Southern Tier Distilling). We have locations in 5 states (NY, PA, OH, VA, NC) including consumer rooms, production facilities and our corporate headquarters.
WHAT WE DO
Victory Brewing is a committed industry leader who over the past 25 yearshas become a world famous craft brewery and the second largest family of craft brands in our state of Pennsylvania.
We find people looking to bring their experience, enthusiasm and desire to work with others into a fun and rewarding workplace as we continue to produce industry-changing craft beer. We have growing, empowered and trusted teams in Downingtown, Kennett Square, Parkesburg and Philadelphia.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating maintenance projects across all brewery facilities. They will direct and manage the completion of day-to-day activities, involving the maintenance of process brewing equipment and the facility, including: brewhouse, cellar, packaging, process refrigeration and distribution equipment, HVAC, building lighting systems, building and grounds, reception hall equipment, security and general appearance of the facility. They are responsible for issuing work orders to the site for preventive maintenance (PM) tasks on all shifts, ordering parts and maintaining parts inventory.
Reports to: Maintenance manager
- Develops preventive maintenance programs for equipment and machinery. Implements strategies to help improve operations and efficiency throughout the production facility.
- Uses computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) to issue and track work orders, identify required inventory and non-stocked materials, source spare parts, verify work order completion, and maintain work order KPIs. service.
- Prepares work schedules for all shifts, assigns work to optimize brewery uptime, and accurately records repair documentation. Executes corrective actions with a sense of urgency.
- Researches and implements world-class maintenance practices to maintain the reliability of brewery equipment. Provide effective solutions to technical issues using Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methodologies.
- Creates and applies sound safety and housekeeping practices. Ensures maintenance areas are clean and organized. Complies with and enforces all applicable local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations
- Includes brewery sanitation and food safety programs.
- Read blueprints and schematics to determine work procedures for dismantling, overhauling and assembling industrial machinery using hand and power tools.
- Coordinates maintenance and project work with production planning to minimize downtime.
- Identify, propose and discuss solutions to equipment and installation problems with brewery management.
- Owns and is accountable for maintenance objectives/Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which include, but are not limited to:
- Percentage of planned work > 85%
- Adherence to schedule > 90%
- Spare parts out of stock rate 1-2%
- Employee training (technical and safety)
- Manage maintenance projects, including internal projects, as well as liaise with external contractors for the installation and commissioning of new parts and equipment.
- Prepares project budgets and secures estimates and quotes as required.
- Assistance with the purchase and installation of new equipment.
- Assists in the repair of dining room equipment, installation of new equipment and general maintenance.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with department heads and operators to effectively resolve issues.
- Manages a highly skilled maintenance team, including hiring, performance reviews and ensuring timely development of technical skills. Coaches, advises and manages the performance of direct reports.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in managing the department budget, including project, equipment, and qualified resources.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or military training or trade school, or other related technical discipline.
- Minimum (3) years of plant maintenance experience with solid knowledge of electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, air compressors, chillers, boilers, water systems, building automation systems, wastewater systems and HVAC systems.
- Minimum (1) year of related experience in maintenance supervision in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and ability to repair hydraulic and pneumatic components including pumps, valves, cylinders and compressors.
- Knowledge and work experience in manufacturing and packaging automation, PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) and HMIs (Human Machine Interface).
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, diagrams and plans.
- Experience in documenting maintenance and repair activities. (CMMS) experience desired.
- Ability to obtain quotes, review contracts and negotiate goods and services favorably for the company.
- Proficiency in computer systems and applications, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), CMMS.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers as well as independently.
- Ability to correctly assess problems and provide appropriate and timely responses.
- Ability to perform equipment upgrades and improvements to optimize production with positive contributions to safety, quality, cost and service.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong planning, scheduling and time management skills.
- Ability to work and/or be available flexible hours including off-shift, weekends and holidays to support 24/7 brewery operations.
- The employee is regularly required to speak and hear. They must use their hands to perform fine manipulations, manipulations or sensations and must be able to reach with their hands and arms
- The position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, squatting, crawling, and climbing.
- The employee must frequently lift or move objects over 50 pounds.
- Occasionally work above ground level from ladders and lifts.
- Occasional work below ground level and in confined spaces (without permits and permits).
The employee will perform duties in the production, office and maintenance areas. In the performance of their duties, the employee may be exposed to airborne particles, chemicals, hot liquids and moving mechanical equipment. Some areas of the installation may be damp, noisy or dusty.
Appropriate personal protective equipment should be worn, including always protective goggles at the place of production. Work outdoors occasionally, year-round, in a variety of temperatures and weather conditions.
Type of position/expected working hours
This is a full time position. Working days are Monday to Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required depending on job requirements.
Occasional local travel between brewery facilities.
Liability for alcohol – The nominee must fully understand that they represent not only the company, but also the beverage alcohol industry. They must conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with a concern for responsible consumer education at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and receptions on behalf of the company or its affiliates. Any poor thinking or legal issues that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with through disciplinary action up to and including termination.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Outstanding Health Benefits
- Flexible hours and paid holidays
- Incentives and Bonuses
- Generous product discounts
- Opportunities for growth through 5 successful brands
This job description is only a summary of typical job duties, and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, duties and functions.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer